Friday, May 19, 2006

Going back to school

So, I have decided to got school - college. Hopefully this time I will actually stick with it, should be much easier now that I am not travelling as much as I used to. Major you ask? Marine Biology - after looking into what it takes to get a marine biology degree, I must have bumped my head. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the ocean. The last time I went to Spain I studied dolphins with Ana Canadas and crew aboard the Toftevaag, I had a great experience. One might say life changing experience.

So now I am going to get a degree in Marine Biology. Should only take me about 10 years to complete, seems as though every class is 5 units and requires a lab. I have to take a ton of Math as well, I thought I could get away with college statistics - nope, calculus.


What am I going to do with this degree I am pursuing? Probably nothing, but I figure if I am going to go through the process of getting a degree I may as well get it in a subject I enjoy. I have been a computer programmer for the last ... almost 20 years! Holy Crap! Good money! But I am soooo over it.

1 comment:

Sleep-Deprived said...

Okay...I REALLY don't get this! Seriously, I know a lot of people who want to go back to school later. But whoo boy - once I graduated, I knew that was it for me. Maybe I'm tainted by overloading with units (taking 27 units one quarter) but I just don't need that kind of pressure!!

Sure, I enjoyed college...but as a late teen/early twenties. Can't even fathom it in my thirties!! But then again, when I was 20 I couldn't imagine having three kids four and under...and still wanting more.

I guess I say all that to say, "have fun!" And I'm glad it's you and not me :)