Thursday, October 30, 2008

There is hope.

On my way to the gym yesterday I saw something that gave me hope for future generations. On the corner of Pico and the I-5 underpass, high school students were demonstrating in support of No on Prop 8. Many people honked horns in support.

If our kids are to inherit our world, should we not support their wishes on the political front. These younger kids are more educated and aware of the world than we were at their age. In some cases they are more aware than many adults, and more aware than we give them credit for.
I believe these kids get it. Hate is not part of their vocabulary, at least hate for another human being is not. They are keenly aware of differences in people and sexual orientation is not a major concern, the same with financial status, or the color of someone's skin.

Join this group of morally responsible young people and Don't Hate, Vote No On Prop 8.

No comments: