Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Citizen McCain Author Speaks Out

In an article, "How John McCain lost me", author Elizabeth Drew clearly points out the obvious in the McCain campaign.

“I didn’t decide to run for president to start a national crusade for the political reforms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to be president because it had become my ambition to be president. . . . In truth, I’d had the ambition for a long time.”)

Everyone who runs for the president runs because they have ambition to be president. If they didn't, would you really want them to be president?

What gets me is the Maverick has obviously decided that the only way to win is to adopt the right-wing rhetoric. The former POW compromised on war crime trials and torture in support of the Bush doctrine - which I do not have a problem the Bush doctrine (treat unto others...), however it was the fact that McCain is starting to sound like W.

"McCain’s caving in to this 'compromise' did it for me. This was further evidence that the former free-spirited, supposedly principled, maverick was morphing into just another panderer – to Bush and the Republican Party’s conservative base."

"By then I had already concluded that that there was a disturbingly erratic side of McCain’s nature. There’s a certain lack of seriousness in him. And he does not appear to be a reflective man, or very interested in domestic issues. One cannot imagine him ruminating late into the night about, say, how to educate and train Americans for the new global and technological challenges. "

How is a man who does not use email going to create a plan to educate and train Americans for the new global and technological challenges? I wonder if he knows how to program a VCR? Or, Set a digital clock?

Read the full article here.

No comments: