Friday, September 12, 2008

Lesson Learned

OK, you figure that a guy that has been in the computer industry for 20+ years would have a regular backup process for his computer. WRONG! The good news is that it only took a week to recover my hard drive and it looks as though full recovery is in order - Woo Hoo! The bad news is that it cost $1,800.00 to have the recovery performed.

So I one have a 320 Gig drive to back my 160 gig drive up to. I plan to activate my TimeMachine backup/recovery software that comes with my Macintosh immediately upon replacement and full recovery of my hard disk.

Learn from my mistake - BACKUP NOW! BACKUP OFTEN!

1 comment:

Sleep-Deprived said...

I paid $600 - 10 years ago to recover data...and I thought that was pricey (HD was only 230 MB).

I finally got a couple back up hard drives (they're pretty inexpensive these days) and let Norton Ghost do regular back ups. I like the freedom (and security) of it! :) But thanks for the reminder. Somehow knowing someone who has just gone through something brings it home much closer.